View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:06 AM

Bryan,

Here's what I've done so far. I started the whole installation process again from scratch hoping that it might work. But no luck, I'm afraid.

1. I de-installed Medit and took out the Krystal card as well as the other two PCI cards from my computer.
2. I then re-installed Krystal.
3. I re-installed Medit 5.5, ignoring the error message as you suggested.
4. I installed Mkaraoke.dll (version 1.6.0.7 into the Medit folder first, then overwriting it with version 1.7.0.9).
5. I rebooted the computer.

But still the same problem as before. When I run the Setup Tests, the Krystal fails the Interrupt test. However, all other tests--Reset, PCI Write Speed, Static Memory--come up normal.

The strange thing is, I can actually open Medit. It does not shut down immediately. I can even open my project files, which are karaoke files, by the way. But Medit freezes up and then eventually shuts down after encountering the first karaoke tag in the project file.

As I said before, I've tried installing Krystal in different PCI slots, and different IRQ gets assigned to it, but doesn't solve the problem. I'm pretty much at my wit's end. Hope you can think of something.