View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Re: another gem related problem

Okay, I've got my FileRenamer open. In the FileRenamer window, (from here on out I will refer to it as FR), go to the left hand side, and you'll see Desktop, Libraries, and so on. You'll see Computer with a (+) next to it. Click on the (+) to expand it. Once you expand it, you'll see OS (C) with a (+) next to it. Click on the (+) and expand it and you'll see a bunch of folders. Go down to the MTU folder and click the (+) that's next to it to expand MTU. Once it expands, you'll see Hoster, and I have the next folder named KMA Files. Yours may not say that cause I think I renamed it, but I'm not sure. If yours says KMA Files, then that the one you need. If indeed I renamed my folder, then your folder will be called something else but regardless, it will be the folder directly under Hoster. Once you click on that folder, remember, you're still in the FR program, the files will load up on the screen to the right. Once they finish loading, that's when I go to the headers File Name and New File Name and adjust them so the complete titles show. Then you go to the Find/Replace tab and it will open the options you need. In the find box that opens, you need to enter _, and below that in the replace box you click it so your cursor blinks in the box, and hit space. Now all you do is hit the Apply button located center right of FR, and your done. It will rename all your files that have a underscore (_) to a blank space.

Last edited by EmilioM; May 8th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.