View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Re: Basic Computer Audio Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
I have been using an external interface {soundcard} some call it. Going from my usb port, to the interface, then RCA/1/4" audio cables to my stereo channel on my mixer. Works great!

I went and purchased still another new mixer {sigh}. I purchased a little Allen & Heath Zen fx12. Would it be better to try and go from my usb port, dirct to the usb in on my A&H zen mixer usb port, instead of using the interface to stereo channel? worried about latacey and so on. How many of you hook up direct to your mixer's usb port?
i have a Mackie profx8 and i got my mini laptop hooked -up to the usb of my board and i don't have any problems with it, except the volume, it's too loud, , i have the main fader just a quarter up and it's really loud,and also by doing this you can elliminate plugging a cable from your headphone to your board. i used to used an ext. soundcard ( soundblaster extigy ) when i got my first laptop ( inspiron 1000 ) and i had so much problem with it...but anyway plugging your laptop to the usb of the board works better than using an ext. soundcard.(in my opinion)...i don't have any knowledge about A&H board, and i heard they're really a good board..

Last edited by billyo; December 29th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.