View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Honor Roll

The battle for a fair rotation is probably the biggest challenge all of us face. When dealing with people who think they need to sing more often, I try to explain to them that there is 40 other people who would like to sing next also, but I can only have one at a time. I try to be absolutely fair and can't risk my integrity just to let you sing more often. If that doesn't work, I just grab them by the hand and ask them to go with me and explain to the other people who are patiently waiting for their turn how much more important she she is than they are. If she could get everyone on the list to agree that she is in fact more important than them, I will gladly let her sing next. If not, then sit down and shut the hell up and wait for your turn like everyone else. If that doesn't work, I will embarrass them on the microphone and tell a joke at her expense. A good crowd reaction will usually shut them up. If you can't think of a joke, just announce over the mic that "Sandy here thinks she deserves to jump in front of everyone because she was never told no by her Daddy, what do you all think?" You might try to find an ally in the group she came with to help control her. Unfortunately, this is part of the job. Each person needs to develop their own style, and this is part of it. If you are comfortable with the crowd, use that to your advantage. I would try to not use the bouncer for this type of person unless they turn violent. They are just drunk and stupid, treat them like you would any mentally deficient person.