View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Frequent Member

The "essy" thing, etc.

....I have personally never experienced the "essy" thing as being connected to 02R V2... except in clock error situations. Essiness always seems to appear with poor clocking.

If you are coming in digitally from Krystal to 02R D1-D3, you obviously have to clock the 02R from Krystal to be able to trust your monitoring unless you have already gone into record from the 02R to Krystal once, and even then it is not trustworthy.

The lack of a word clock input on Krystal is a big shortcoming in the modern digital studio.....On my old system with Microsync, I can seemingly sync Krystal to Video which is derived from my central word clock and work around this problem, but Microsync seems out of the question with a P4, etc.....The only other solution for this monitoring problem (since the Krystal analog output is too noisy for quality monitoring at high bit rates) seems to be an expensive, dedicated D-A converter....and this still requires channel swapping during record. Arf...

....In any case, my 02Rs are gone and I seem to have the DM2000 semi- permanently after having some issues with the 02R96. The DM2000 is powerful enough to keep my brain power tied up for awhile while I learn to use it. It seems to be all the mixer I'm going to need for quite a long time to come. What a monster...

Last edited by geezer; June 9th, 2003 at 05:55 PM.