Thread: Video out
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2004, 09:39 AM

Re: Video out

Blastenfrog,

The only reason you would need to use an RF modulator is in the event you need to do one of the following:
1. Hook up multiple TV's to a single video out cable, i.e. you need the RF to convert the signal from RCA or Svideo to coaxial then run through a splitter.
2. You have an Svideo output on your video card and no svideo input on TV.

Anything beyond this usually can be worked on to avoid the RF. There are also connectors that will convert the Svideo signal to RCA in a single wire (no power supply needed) but I am not sure of the video quality once converted. They sell these at radio shack as well.

[u]AMPS:[/U]
Hooking the computer up to your amp: I may be a little confused here, as you mention 3 RCA outs to your tv's. Does this vocopro amp have a video switch built in to bypass the RF modulator or video switch? If so then you should definitely be able to use that just as you are now.

Your sound will run out of the computer via the 1/8" jack, 1/4" jack, or RCA out jack depending on the type of sound card you have installed or built on to your computer. These can all be converted to one another with a simple cable from radio shack again.

It looks like everyone's advice has surely led up to several possibilities and I hope that what I have now added just sugar coats it. If you have any additional questions you are more than welcome to ask them here, or you may call me personally on x201 (find full number on home page).

Regards,

Doug Cox
MTU