View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2003, 11:11 AM

Old CDR's for earlier versions of Micro CD

I found a HP 6020i on EBay (which is compatible to Micro CD 2.1 according to your manual). I'll let you know how it works. Then, after I bought it (won the bidding war) I looked up some reviews on it....uuups, not too good. I've got my fingers crossed.
Anyway, it's supposed to be in excellent shape.
Yamaha doesn't make CDR 100's or ANYTHING in the CDR world anymore. They also told me that they couldn't fix my Yamaha unit.

10/23/03

Latest news:
The HP 6020i installed without a glitch and has been working great. It's a little more pickey about the media disks it'll respond to (most CD's work fine, even the 700 meg ones), but if you find a brand that doesn't work simply avoid it. I simply bought some single and small batches of CD's and found ones it liked...no problems since. (Maxell 640 meg and Sony's 700 meg work good)
I also called Yamaha and they found an old (never used) CDR-100
(stand alone) buried in their warehouse. The Yamaha guy told me to just take stand-alone the case apart and presto! Inside is a brand CRD-100. I have that for a back-up. They sold it to me for $50.00, including shipping. So, for under $90 (>$40 for the used HP 6020i on EBay), I'm back in biz. Thought you all would like to know. Thank God for E-bay, and nice Yamaha reps.

Last edited by jimmy street; October 23rd, 2003 at 11:01 PM.