Thread: What If?
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
I know it's not a direct answer to the question at hand, but this winter we had some HEAVY ice storms here in the Midwest. We were out of power for a week. Luckily, I had a 5k generator at my house. I ran the karaoke setup, 1 beer cooler, the fan on the gas heater, and one drop light for each bathroom. I used my stage lighting to light the bar and cooked soup and chili in a crock pot. The whole neighborhood was there from open to close every night. My family was very understanding about daddy taking the generator to the bar and bringing it home at night to warm up the house. I will tell you this though, I made more lifelong customers in that one week than in the 10 years I have been the owner.
We did the same thing after hurricane Rita blew through here. The power was out for three weeks that time. Fortunately the club had a backup generator. It wasn't real pleasant as the AC wasn't hooked up to it, but it took everyones minds off their troubles for a little while each night. The club also served free food every day to help get everyone by. We made a lot of friends during that time.