Thread: KIAA Membership
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:20 AM
VIP

The Eagles disc they have fully admitted in the past they released before they had the ok - they assumed they would get it. When they were told no, they immediately pulled it from the market.
I don't see where anyone that actually has a disc to correspond with everyting on each computer would have a problem with the way they are doing this. I have each & every disc for my computer with me at each show (not that anyone else would), buy every disc to date for almost 20 years. I know several computer operators that have not one disc to back up their system, or have sold their discs once they uploaded. These are the operators that need to worry - if you don't have a disc to back up your library, then chances are you are going to be nailed when they come around to your area. According to Kurt (in personal conversations) there is only one 'legal' place to download any SC music (at this time) and that is from Stingray - where they sold/partnered their music library to - and these downloads are not legal in commercial settings. So even the ones that 'bought' their downloads could run into trouble down the line.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB