Thread: Need Help!
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:48 PM

Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda Lou
Thank you everyone for your advice. I'm not one to make these kind of business decisions fast, so now I have some food for thought.

Another quick question! Does anyone know if there is a way to copy your music from your cavs player to your computer so that I could use that music as well as the cd's I have. That would really make things nice. I decided to go with a laptop over another cav's player for my second system because there are so many problems with the cav's player and so much expense involved when you have a problem. We buy off of a company in Cleveland and the cav's player comes loaded with the music already. Another question that I probably already know the answer to...is it actually legal to do that?

I don't know about copying your cavs music from the cavs player as I am not familiar with loaded cavs players. I have successfully ripped the songs from my cavs disks (2). You can check this out at roxbox.net. I believe it is legal to shift the music from one format to another as long as you own the originals. I believe that MTU believes the whole format is not legal because they never paid the royalties to begin with. At this time I do not believe MTU supports any way to convert them to .kma. I don't see how your loaded cavs karaoke player can be legal unless the licenses for the karaoke songs are included some how. I do download non-karaoke music files from Wal-Mart.com and MusicMatch. These files are downloaded as licensed .wma files and as such, I believe they are legal and I have receipts for them. I now have all of my cavs karaoke songs on my hard drive and imported into hoster. I do not like the cavs player and wish I had never gotten it. I did not buy it anyway. My brother who owns half of our equipment bought it. I had to pay the price by swapping cavs disks during shows and loosing valuable time because of it as I do all the work. I just could not throw away 2,400 songs because I did not like the player. Hoster is much easier and faster. You need two cavs units if you want to be able to keep the show going quickly and if you suddenly have a bad disk, your out 1,200 songs until you can get it replaced. Needless to say, all our songs are on our hard drive now and I love it.

gpayne