View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM

KPro font dropdown doesn't show Chinese font

I'm testing KPro 4.008 (the trial demo) before I buy it, and have searched through the forums and the manual. (BTW, I have owned and used Hoster for a long time and love the program). I know that KP4 supports 2-byte Unicode, and I have installed a few different Truetype chinese fonts on my computer (Windows XP) correctly as per the manual. Both Word and Notepad can display these new Chinese fonts just fine for me.

However, when I go into Settings on KP4, the font dropdown menu does not show the new Chinese fonts. I can see all my English fonts okay. When I paste Chinese text or when I place lyrics using a Notepad .txt file that contains Chinese text, KP4 displays a bunch of "?" question marks instead of the Chinese characters.

So...
It seems that unlike previous versions, KP4 can support 2-byte Unicode (i.e. Chinese), and the manual's instructions seem clear, but it is not working for me. Can anyone help? I am a huge fan of Hoster and would like to expand my library by creating new karaoke songs (in both English and Chinese), but am stuck.

Thanks in advance...