View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer View Post
The original rackmount I/O would actually varispeed the analogue output (by varying the clock) from MTU to match up with incoming SMPTE, but the Krystal card could not do this. The original system would really "chase", which was the initial reason I bought the system.
Well almost... The MicroSync card did the sync-lock resolving to TimeCode, and it could lock to a +/-50% varispeeding TC... best that I found of any product that sync-locked.

ALL our I/O Modules could sync-lock resolve to TC, not just the Rack Mount. In fact, if you look inside the Rack, you'll see the stack of cards (Clock Board on the bottom) that also would slide into the smaller "blue box" case. Same cards, different cables for the Rack to go to XLRs.

Congratulations Gary! It does my heart good to hear of Microsounds still running. We designed them like a Sherman Tank to last forever.

If Mototola hadn't lied to us or we had used a different AES/SPDIF digital chip, we'd still be shipping Krystals and Medit. Took the wind out of our sails forever. Alas, Microsound was our Crown Jewel development of my now 41 years doing developments. I'm glad some of you are still making profits with your investment!