View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:51 PM

Center panning is putting the lead vocal track in the direct center of the recording, with instruments to the left and right of it, completing the stereo effect.

There's no way that I know of to tell whether a vocal is center panned on a recording without using audio editing software that would allow you to look at the waveform of the channels of a stereo wav file.

That would even be an iffy situation considering how many songs are being done these days where one has trouble hearing the vocalist anyway. I know it would not be pheasable with the editing software I use.

That's not to say there isn't some high dollar audio editiing tools out there that will isolate each track, but most generally they simply show the left and right stereo tracks with no distinction as to the tracks within those broad divisions.

Sorry, but I never heard of the song you're working with, so I can't comment on it.

Regarding sending me the file, it is illegal to send someone else a copywritten file.

Wish I could be more help. You may have hit on one that just won't work to your satisfaction.

George