View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I guess you haven't had time to read all the posts since that happened. I removed the program from my old XP right after that sequence and rented a new XP. In the meantime, because of the rented computer, I coudn't get my home network working so I couldn't install the MTU program on the rented computer. I download a trial version in the new one. The MTU burner started working and recorded 16 songs. When I put it in the Karaoke machine, only one song out of the 16 played. In looking at the recorded side of the new disk, I could see that more than half of the disk had been recorded on but they were empty tracks. I thought abut coping the disk and remembered in the preview program you can't copy anything. So I still want to know how to put the full version of MTU in the new machine. Can I make a disk copy and install it in the new rental. (Of course I will uninstall it after the test).
Vince, I have been keeping up with this very closely so I do know what has been going on and hoping something would click in on this.
Anyway , none of this is any indication that the drive has failed. You had previously burned a disk with Roxio and it worked. You also burned one with the rental through MS Demo and that worked. That is all I was trying to get across to Bobcox. However this still tells me it is not the drive and sending it back to MTU would not solve this.
If it was me, by this time I would have "Scrapped the Caddy" and re-installed Windows and all my programs. That is a desparate and lengthy fix, but sometimes it is the only way to fix some things. I am not suggesting you do that yet, but it may end up as the only option left. You have already proved that on a new load (the rental) of Windows it does work.
I am going to call MTU tomorrow morning and see if we can get Bryan the MTU Support Manager to look at this thread and see if he has anything new to try.
We will solve this Vince, even if I have to drive over there and find it!!!