View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM

To: Marklwood 01/03/09

This has been a tough start for 2009. I hired a tech to come in and help with this problem. After an hour or two of using my older WindowsXP, we both gave up and we went out and rented a new computer running standard windows software but no other software. We put the MTU burner into it and started with checking for the upper and lower filters. We found and removed both. On rechecking the filters after a re boot we found that there were no filters listed not even the .bak filters for either one. We had a lot of trouble trying to load a second version of MTU 4006a after an hour of that I downloaded a trial copy from MTU and we were able to use it with the new computer. We assembled a four song setup. got it into MTU using the MTU burner and actually burned a disk without going through the test cycle. All four songs played on my Kareoke machine. My tech mentioned, " Well, that wasn't too hard to do".
We reassembled the burner in my regular WindowsXP that we'd been having the trouble with, checked the filters and there were none listed. We tried burning the same four songs from the rented computer and it burned without using the test function. Now we really were happy.
We check the Regedit again and no upper or lower filters showing. This time we assemble a 16 song disk that I have been trying to write from the begining of this problem. We set it to burn and everything seemed to be going pretty good. In about six minuets it annouced that the burn was successful. We ran out to my Karaoke room and slipped it into the machine and hit #1 song. It came up and played great. Alas, that was the only song on the disk that played. We were lost. The back of the disk showed that there was more than one song recorded.
We then tried to make a copy of that disk. When the tracks came up, only the first track had anything in it the other fifteen tracks were there but empty. We tried one more time with the same effect. (We rebooted and checked the regedit again and nothing had changed. I couldn't afford the tech any more, so he left.
Can't fiqure why it would write 4 songs and they all played and then only burned one out of the sixteen.