View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:48 PM

To: Marklwood 12-31-08 05:30PM

I don't have any good news for you. I uninstalled 16 programs that either read or burn disks, including Microstudio. I couldn't get the link you sent me to work. I had no problem downloading it, but when I tried to run it, it stated "We cannot run this program at this time, try again later". I went ahead and used the manual method to remove the offending Upper and Lower filters.
I removed them, saved the new registry under a new name so as not to confuse it with older one. Rebooted the computer, checked to see if both of my burners were visable and they were. My heart jumped because I remembered what you said that it they were back in the divice manager we were sure to have solved the problem. I reinstalled only the microstudio program and tried it. It tested fine and so I ask it to burn the disk. the burner ran for some 22 seconds, errored out stating "Write disk aborted". It didn't say "write disk aborted by user" as it usually did. I uninstalled Microstudio again, went back to the registry editor and sure enough, the lower filters were back. The upper filters were gone. To make this shorter I repeated the entire process again and the same thing happened again. I then unistalled Microstudio again, checked the registry again and the lower filters were back again but not the upper filters. I again uninstalled Microstudio and rebooted. This time I went back and remove the lower filters again, saved the registry and rebooted. I went into the registry for the last time and,......You guessed it, the Lower filters were back again. By the way, when I rebooted this time I had a message that the Multimedia controler was not working. Never had seen that since I purchased the computer. I tried to reinstal it but the system refused to accept the software. At this time my wife said you better close that thing or you're going to have a heart attack!!
PS: I did read the other article you provided me with and the gentleman does have some smarts.