Thread: Karaoke Suite 4
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Re: Karaoke Suite 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I purchased the Karaoke Suite 4 package sometime back, and I noticed that I can upgrade each item, but there is no upgrade for the Suite itself.

I have not used this product in a very long time so I don't know what changes have been made or even if I would understand those changes at this point. I know I'll have to retrain myself on using it. Microstudio 4.006, Vogone 3.30, Keywrite 2.0.1.2 and KHPRO 4.107
It is cheaper to upgrade just KHPro, which is $24.99. Not to sound commercial, but I suggest you get it now. That's all I'll say about that.

Quote:
I have a few questions before upgrading.
1. Are the CD+g files you create legal to play at your shows?
If the MUSIC you have has been bought (royalties paid), then adding lyrics to it - to my knowledge - is legal. Use Google and enter the first lyric line and you will find hundreds of sites publishing the lyrics.

Quote:
2. Can I download the Karaoke songs on Amazon and successfully create CD+g songs from there (And will that be legal)
If Amazon's songs are MP3 or WMA without DRM protection, they should play in Hoster and KHPro. Buy and download ONE song and try it... before you spend LOTs of money. As to legal, see above answer.

Have you tried Vogone 3.31 to remove the vocals from audio files you may already have? We have a demo of 13 songs (compared to the LTSound VE3 $2700 box). You'll be surprised how good we can remove the vocals.

NOTE: Vogone has evolved a LOT, so if you are back many versions, I'd upgrade that too. You can try the demo first if you want.
Quote:
3. It is less expensive to purchase the Suite than do the upgrades (If there is no upgrade for the Suite available). And if I purchase the Suite will I need to remove all the products first to get a clean install, or will it upgrade anyway. Or will I be forced to do only upgrades.
See above, buy the KHPro upgrade, and/or all the upgrades. That'll be about 50% of the new Suite price.
Quote:
4. Lastly when I tried to open KHPRO it said it could not find an mdw file, I know the file is on a hard drive that I changed the letter on. Will that continue to be a problem for me in the future, It's not a letter I'm willing to change back because of all the work that would be involved. I don't see any other way to open that software at this point.
KHPro uses no file with the extension .mdw that I am aware of. You will need to post the entire message. I suspect you may have misread, but then maybe I'm wrong.