Thread: Karaoke Suite 4
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Karaoke Suite 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stublack View Post
I've been using Hoster for roughly 6 years now. I love it.

I realize that those who work for MTU are not lawyers. But it is possible to know answers to legal questions without being a lawyer. For instance I know it is illegal to play pirated music at my shows (WOW how can I know that).

I was simply hoping that someone might know the answer to my question. I really would like to make songs that I can't find on Karaoke through the Suite and play them at my shows, but only if it's legal. If and when I find that it's legal I will be upgrading the Suite.

Thanks, keep up the good work
No one knows the answer to your question because it has never been tested in a court. If MTU or your fellow users gave you a legal opinion without basis in law, then you find out that it is illegal, what can you do at that point?
Many people use KHPro to create their own karaoke songs, correct badly synchronized songs, or correct wording. None have ever been taken to court over it. In my own opinion it is legal, but that is all it is, my opinion.
It is ultimately your decision as to whether you upgrade your whole Suite or just part of it such as Songverter and Keyrite.