View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
VIP

Re: Comments on computer choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
Roy,

What was your final choice of laptop, and how's it working with Hoster and Microstudio?

I also want to move away from sorting through my collection of discs and using my three drawer karaoke CD+g player. I worry that my player, which is eight years old, will quit working and I already know there are no replacements for this type of set-up. I would buy the laptop from MTU because I know it will work, but I don't do shows and the MTU laptop is too expensive for just my personal use. MTU used to have other laptops, but now they only sell the one at about $2,000 with Hoster installed.

So once again, what did you buy and how's it working? Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Wes
Most computer/laptops today off the shelf work well with Hoster. I have an older (07) HP Pavillion laptop with 64 bit Vista that works flawlessly. Just ran an 8 hour show non-stop, outside in 90+ degree weather not too long ago without as much as a hiccup in audio or graphics & it's just a basic Intel N-Vidia based card built in. I do use an external sound card for better audio than the headphone jacks of the build in audio cards tend to provide. As long as the specs of the computer match or better Hosters minimum specs, you should be good on most any choice - just check the user reviews on anything you look at.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB