View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:53 AM
Honor Roll

Wireless Mic Recomendations

I'm in the process of setting up a new system, and I'm looking for suggestions for a wireless mic, here's what I have so far:

Mixer: Mackie DFX12
Speakers: (2) Mackie C300 (w/stands)
Amp: Samson S1000 (340W/ch @ 8Ohms)
EQ: Art 341 (Dual Channel 15 Band)
Mics: (3) Sennheiser E835 (w/stands)
Players: Laptop w/ hoster and 2 JVC players as a backup.

I'm also looking into getting some sort of vocal processor/reverb unit. The mixer has built in effects, and while I have not yet used them in a gig to see how they sound, they don't seem to yeild the best results while playing around at home.

OK so Wireless Mics: Currently I have a Audio2000 AWM6514P and it's alright, but it has dropouts and is not the best vocal quality I have heard. I've budgeted $500 for a wireless mic, but won't complain if I spend less and can use the savings toward other things. I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser EW135, but also like the Shure UT24/58. How about the transmitter modules that plug right into any microphone? I have no way of trying out some of the higher quality mics, since the only brands my local shop keeps instock are of the lower quality brands. (Audio2000 and Gemini) So I'm looking for reccommendations, and hope to find a good deal online (and a good return policy If I find I don't like it).

Sorry for the longwinded post,
Mike