View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Frequent Member

Re: One song per rotation per person

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker

I think you said that a rotation means that each person sings once per round. If a person has 200 slips turned in they can choose which slip to use in the next rotation. I think the host can keep everyone in rotation without requiring a new slip each time. Many hosts will automatically put you at the end of the rotation once they see you arrive. I think it's best to put new singers at the end of the rotation because the people know who they already follow in the rotation. For example, if you host a show that lasts 3 hours and have 4 hours of slips, you wouldn't put a new singer up next would you?
I have been to shows where I came in about two hours into the show because a) I got out of work late or b) I didn't have my own set of wheels so I depended on a buddy of mine who always goes late. I know as a singer that I am not willing to wait a two hour rotation to sing so to be fair to those who may have legitimate excuses for being late handing in slips and to keep them coming back I give priority to new singers over others who have already sung at least two songs. And I know other KJ's in my area that does the same thing. I want to give everyone a chance to become a regular no matter when them enter the rotation. I don't start putting new singers up next until I have already started a new rotation. Until then I add their slips to the back of my rotation. The only place I have ever run into having a ratio of too many slips for too little time has been a non profit Private show I do every month for a local Social club. I barely have enough time to get everyone up once and have had to turn people away a number of times from that particular show. Other than that I have had a full 4 and a half hours to run shows and have never had less than 2 or three rotations. I belive it's pretty good as the places I have run shows at were not designed to hold a crowd big enough to carry the night and then some.

Last edited by danny_g; March 7th, 2002 at 08:27 PM.