View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Frequent Member

I have been hositing shows since 1993 and attending other shows since 1989. I have a policy of being as fair as I can and taking songs as I get them but if I get a new singer and have already started the second rotation I will bump the new singer up to next. Otherwise I run the show in order of who put their songs in first. I keep the songs that are coming up with me so no one can insert a song into the rotation without me knowing about it. If they want to give me a song and I'm otherwise busy they can put it on their stack that I leave at the machine of other songs they have given me. Just because You gave me ten songs does not mean you'll get to sing them all. It all depends on how many singers I get. One question I have for any other Pro hosts out there- How do you deal with a guy that basically harrasses every singer that gets up to sing from boooing the singer, questioning their selection of songs to even questioning what sex they like to take to bed with them? I personally would like to get the guiy kicked out of the bar as this situation happened to me this past weekend and it almost ended with a fight between him and a regular.