View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Hi Dale
If you convert a song in songverter to a .kma it does retain the file name( I tried it). As far as I can tell you can not import the .kma file into Hoster data base using import hard drive files, the only way I think you can get them into the data base is to copy & paste Which is basically what he did as shown in this quote.

May be I am wrong but that's how I read it.

Roy.
Not if the DiskID and track number are part of the name. If they are present then that is what it uses for the KMA file which is what I think he had since he didn't know how to find them in the folder.
And yes you are right hte only way to add KMA files to Hoster is to copy them to the KMA folder, then run the Add to include the files in the database and assign BookIDs. The problems I see with this method though is that you have no control over what BookID they get and the file is not unzipped down to the MP3 and CDG files before adding the KMA extension. This means that Hoster has to unzip the file before playing causing a longer delay between hitting the play and when the song starts playing which is why Hoster unzips them before conversion to KMA.