View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Re: Help With An Error

I am getting the same error message as Damon - MTUMSND.SYS driver not loaded or is not functioning properly - please make sure the MTUMSND.SYS device has been started.

I just completed building a new system to MTU's specs (using one of the two mobos Bryan said they use in the audio workstations) with a 2.6gig P4 processor. The mobo and processor were burned and tested before they were shipped to me. The only thing I didn't use was Windows XP Pro, opting instead for the Home version, which I don't think should make a difference.

I can't get the 5.50 software to load. I get that same error message.

It did work once on the bench after it was first assembled, and even that was after spending 5 hours trying to load the software. Then the Krystal card was removed so I could transport the new system home. Once it was reinstalled, I couldn't get the software to load (again) from the disk.

I read in one of the posts to make sure the video was on 16 bit, which it is. Otherwise the computer doesn't seem to see the card at all. The computer does say that there's a driver called MTUMSND.VXP or something like that installed. The on-board audio stuff has been disabled.

I've been trying for days trying to get the software to load but to no avail. HELP! I have a HUGE project due on Monday night, and I'm completely dead in the water. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Laura