View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:28 AM

This is not a new problem. I've experienced it way back with KHP. It involves four factors. The number of lines, the size of the font, caps, and shadowing. I like to use 26 font, all caps, and find this occurs frequently if I use 26 font, caps, shadowed text, and 5 or 6 lines.

If you look closely at the screen when this is happening, it almost seems as though there is a "panel" set aside for the text, that is slightly larger than the text itself, which makes sense, and a combination of the four elements I mentioned cause the "panels" to expand and overlap, causing clipping, kinda like a flattop haircut.

At least that's been my experience with it. The first cure I try is no shadow, then smaller font.

I've pretty much gotten away from the problem by not using shadowing on the text if using anything other than 4 lines. It seems to expand the size of that "panel", and there's not enough room with more lines and large font. I never see it with 4 lines so I go that route except when a fast song just works better with more lines.

George