Thread: Computer backup
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Computer backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I am still not clear on the new feature of merging duplicate book i.d.'s. How can there be a duplicate? I thought Hoster wouldn't allow duplicate book i.d.'s. I must be missing something. Don' mean to get off track.

thanks,

Walt
The duplicates usually happen in cases like this where you start copying files from one computer to another or you import some songs on one computer then import other on another computer and then try copying folders.
What you are trying to do is simarlar to the set up I have.
This computer that's in my signature the one I use for my shows I have all my karaoke kma and kmh files on my C/ drive but I have all my video and audio files on an external, this same external also has a copy of the kma & kmh files for a backup of this computer.
I also have an old XP computer but all the files for that are on the same external, none on the C/drive. All my book Id's match on both computers.
I think providing when you add new files you always use the same computer then copy the files you should not get duplicates.

What would be a better way though would be to have one external with all the files on and use that same external on both computers. Then just have a second external as an exact copy of the first. Then any playlist and other pointers would match once they were set up with that drive.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.