Thread: Computer backup
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
VIP

Re: Computer backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Are you saying that the Book ID did change ?

If so that could be due to finding duplicate book id's probably because it hadn't properly cleared previouse records so it allocates a new Book id and if it finds previous Disc id's it won't load them anyway.

It may have been better to delete the songs.mdb before using the add folders button or rebuild the songs.mdb with the folders list showing empty. This way it would have built an empty song.mdb then use the Add folders button to add the files from the external only.

The one problem here now that I can think of is if it alocated new BookId's then these could be imbeded in the files on the external drive now, if that is the case then you would need to recopy them from your original new computer.
Yes the book i.d.'s changed although I didn't check all of them. I believe this is because it couldn't load some of the kma files. This must of made it reassign the book i.d.'s. I know the kma files are missing because if I search for them by disk i.d. in edit songs section they don't appear. The whole disk is missing. I guess I will leave well enough alone for now until I have more time and the fortitude to tackle it again. Maybe I should set both computers to read the files from the external drive. I would then need to purchase another drive for backup purposes. By the way, I am still not clear on the new feature of merging duplicate book i.d.'s. How can there be a duplicate? I thought Hoster wouldn't allow duplicate book i.d.'s. I must be missing something. Don' mean to get off track.

thanks,

Walt