Thread: Computer backup
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
VIP

Re: Computer backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
First off what you have done is not what you asked to do in your first post and what I explained. In that post you were going to play the music using your back up drive plugged into your old computer not transfer them to the old computer which is what you seem to be doing.
Also nowhere in my post did I tell you to delete your mtu folder.
Anyway are you saying it is all working right now ?
I did and still do want to play the music from the extermal drive. That is what I previously discussed. I think you missed the first post this morning. I added the folders for the external drive and it wouldn't match my new computer. I only added everything back to the c drive after I couldn't get it to match my main computer as explained in my second to last post. You are right, you didn't say to delete the old mtu folder but I thought I needwd the mtu folder on the old computer to match my new comuter. Otherwise, how it it match my song editing and playlist's, etc. I'm sorry if I made this made this confusing. Yes I have the old computer working again as it should but I didn't accomplish getting it to work properly off the external drive. Remember, I did this in the first place because my internal drive on the old computer is not large enough. By deleting other folders that aren't related to Hoster, I freed up enough to get by but it is now border line capacity. Please read my last couple of posts.

Thanks,

Walt