Thread: KIAA Membership
View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Not bad $200 bucks for an American Legion hall in an economically depressed area. I think even in Portland , ME (the least depressed area in Maine) the best DJ/KJ's are lucky to see $175 at any type of club.

Are you kidding? I set up over $20,000 worth of gear and purchased karaoke disc loaded into my laptop each time i do a show for those folks. Ever take your car down and have an alternator or a brake job done? I have, midis socked me $400.00 for brakes, took them 30 minutes to do the job, and i'll betcha they didn't use $20,000 worth of gear to do the job. Figure gas, my haulmark cover cargo trailer alone was close to $3,000 with tax license and insurance. Plus i have to do all the toating, setting up, tearing down, loading, unloading. High school football, and karaoke is actually the only entertainment for this villiage. Aside from the lone bakery/resturant and video store we have up here. Let them import a kj from the nearest town from us, 45 miles away. They would never come up here for what i git. I got a $25.00 raise in almost 6 years. I should still be playing only the CDG's i did 6 years ago i guess. Right now an external writer on the mtu website is $129 add a stack of blank disc and that nights money is gone. $200 for a 5 to 6 hour gig is peanuts...i wonder if photography pays any better????