View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
I didn't know which category this question belongs to, so I put it here.

If I want to use one of your computers with the hoster software, how do I connect it to my mixer/amp?

I currently use a JVC Karaoke Machine with the audio and video out connected via RCA connections to the audio in on the mixer/amp and the video to the TV. The speakers are connected via speaker cables from the mixer/amp. I connect the mics directly to the mixer/amp and control the inputs and outputs from the mixer/amp. I also can use a video spliter to connect two TVs.

I assume (I know the joke) that your computer will act as the JVC Karaoke Machine, but don't see how I can connect the audio to a mixer or video to a TV using RCA cables.

I guess I need a little help with the "how tos" of connecting the computer to my system. I lean toward the PC rather than the lap top, but the lap top has the advantage of the built-in monitor and is light weight. Why I'm on the subject of weight, it would be nice to have a handle on the PC.

QUESTION: Can I use one of your computers in place of my JVC and if so, how do I connect it to my system.

Thanks,
Wes

connect you pc from headphone out to one of the mixing boards channels using 1/8 to 1/4 cable.. and your pc video to the tv..you might need to have an adaptor from s-video to rca.. and also make sure to enable your pc to a dual display..and to do this you need to go to control panel..click on display.then setting, you'll see a 1 & 2 display click on 2 then check the box that says extend..then click apply..make sure the tv is on before enabling the dual display..and the rest is just what you have now..