View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2003, 11:22 PM

Rotations

Greetings to all:

4 Shows – Usually 30-40 Singers weekends and 20-30 Singers weekdays.

Rotations are very important, true. I manage my Rotations this way, which seems to work, so far.

I establish the 1st Rotation with no more than 15 singers. 2nd Rotation…new singers are inserted…one current, then, one new…if I get slammed, I insert two new singers after one current singer. Ultimate slam…I establish a complete row of 6-7 new singers, then continue with current list of singers...alternating rows of current and new until all new singers have been inserted. At any rate, all singers that were inserted (late arrivals) during the 2nd Rotation are, then, removed to the END of the original established 1st Rotation singers.

True, the first 15 singers will have to wait longer for their 2nd song during the 2nd Rotation, but, if they hold out, they will be rewarded with a 3rd song quicker, during the 3rd Rotation. All new singers arriving during the 3rd Rotation will be inserted with singers that were new during the 2nd Rotation, of course, depending on time and the actual point that I am in during that 3rd Rotation. If I am near the end…say within 5-7 singers of finishing the 3rd Rotation…all new singers will go at the end of all established singers.

1st Rotation - “EarlyBirds” - Singers arriving early will have preference.
2nd Rotation - “Late Arrivals” - Singers who arrive after the first Rotation get a song fairly quickly by having been inserted, but will lose this courtesy during the 3rd Rotation out of fairness to the “Early Birds.” Also, these singers will then understand what it feels like to have singers inserted among them to accommodate the “Bar Hoppers.”
3rd Rotation or Final Rotation - “Bar Hoppers” - Singers arriving 1 1\2 hours, or so, before closing will, absolutely, have to wait on the 1st Rotation singers and, in fact, may not get to sing.

Singers who do not support the bar (drinking water) will not have preference at any time.
Singers, who arrive late due to work related issues, will get preference.

KJ’s, you know your regulars.