View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Honor Roll

Well, going by the description you just gave, regardless of what type of file it is, and whether or not it plays and shows the words, is immaterial. My reasoning for this is: the filename is:

Sound_Choice_7532_07

Which leads me to believe that it came from Sound Choice Disc # 7532 Track 7 which should make it: Baby, I Need Your Lovin' - The Four Tops.

If this is the case there is no legal way that this file could be shared. Delete it. It doesn't matter what type of file, whether it plays or not, how it was made, what size etc... it is illegal.

If this is not the song in question, then it is named wrong and we have to look further to figure out what type of file it is...

The easiest way to do this is: Talk to your friend, ask what type of file it is, and what program (besides Winamp) is used to play it so that the lyrics come up. I do know that Winamp has a sort of lyrics plug in, but to my knowledge, it only searches the internet for lyrics, and displays them in a mini-browser, but as you stated:

The lyrics come up on my computer with music, no vocals other than background sometimes. The songs "appear and play" on my computer just like the karaoke disc that I have in my personal collection "appear and play" on my karaoke machine.

So this does not appear to be using Winamp to display the lyrics like a karaoke player. (or perhaps there is a plug-in that I am not familiar with)

(Ignore this Dart Girl a ? for the rest)

Does anyone know of a karaoke program that might make a "self-contained" karaoke file? Kinda like a executable zip file, allows it to play itself?

Only other option I can think of (again assuming that it is not a song from a Sound Choice or any other copyrighted disc) would be to e-mail the files to me and I can look at them and see what they are. If it is possible to convert them I will be able to tell you how to do it. However if it is a copyrighted song, I will delete it and inform you to do the same.

Flip