View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:20 PM

I am confused as well

I can understand your confusion. Let's go through what has been said so far and I want to make some points that might help dissipate the confusion. (Of course it's better to be talking with someone live, but that would certainly add cost to the product)

1. You made sure that at least one of the files in question is a wave file.
Quote:
I did the click,explore advice and the file is WAV.

2. People are telling you that Wave files don't have lyrics but you say, Quote:

I'm not sure if they're actuall karaoke, I thought they were. The lyrics come up on my computer with music, no vocals other than background sometimes. (By vocals I assume you mean background singing voices, when others say vocals, they are referring to visible karaoke lyrics.)

3. If this is the case with all your files, then I am confused, but I have some things in my mind.

A long time ago I was surfing the net and came across a program to make karaoke for the computer. I didn't have any success making any files, and gave up. This process, however, was never intended to be burned onto disc. It was not Midi-Karoke either. It was intended to use a real music file, probably Wave, and view lyrics on the computer.

Perhaps this is similar to what you have on your computer.

4. Flipeoke has hinted that some processes, such as the one I suggested above, might have a sort of parallel file that sits on top of the music file and plays the lyrics as the music plays. (At least I think that that is what he is hinting at):

Quote:
Lets say you have a song called abcdefg.mp3 is there also a file called abcdefg.mcg or something like that?

5. I'm curious. Do you have these parallel files?

6. Whatever you are looking at on your computer, these files are definitely not the kind of files that can be burned onto a Karaoke disc such as what are most common at the usual Karaoke places.

The common disc format used at these places is called CDG (or CD-Graphics) Some people even refer to the discs as CDGs:

Quote:
WAV files DO NOT have lyrics and you cannot make CDGs out of them. was indicated by jaddams, whom I respect and admire.

7. You can however make CDG FILES using KPRO 4.0. using Wave Files These CDG files can THEN be used to make CDG discs (or CDGs) Directions were supplied in this forum by ADMIN. Please don't be confused at the difference between making CDG KARAOKE DISCS with wave files (IMPOSSIBLE), and making CDG FILES using Wave files (NECESSARY) YOU HAVE TO USE WAVE FILES TO MAKE THESE CDG FILES.

8. Wave files, used to Make cdg files, can also be burned by Microstudio onto a normal, non-graphic, audio disc.

9. Any burning of a CDG file onto a graphics Karaoke disc requires a certain kind of CD burner, discussed ad infinitum in other places in these forums and in the Web page.

Long messages tend to be confusing because people don't read them carefully. If you read this carefully and still have questions about what I said please respond again with questions and I will do my best to clarify.
Good Luck

Last edited by jahern; May 11th, 2003 at 12:17 AM.