View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Possibly a wrap up on this question

Dart Girl, thank you for asking us. All here have done an admirable job at instructing you in various things to keep in mind as to illegal or legal. The public schools (and the music industry too!) are sorely remiss in educating the public on copyright law.

Now, since your files are .wav, that tells us all they only contain audio and no lyrics.

If you want to add the lyrics that you know (you are singing them aren't you ), you can use our Karaoke Pro software to do that. You simply run KPro 4.0, open the music .wav file, and type in the lyrics line by line as you want them to appear on the screen. Then, in the Place Lyrics screen, simply play the music and tap the spacebar where each word is to start highlighting to the music. When you are done, you can go back and play and edit any words you sorta goofed on (we all do, so feel part of the family here!). When you are through polishing, you simply export the song as a .cdg file.

Then, you open Microstudio , go to the Custom Assembly tab, click the Add Track from - Hard Drive, locate your .cdg song, click Add or OK (I forget ) and voila, it appears in a list to write to a CDR disc, as a Karaoke cdg disc. Of course, you can add other favorite songs, or ones you have created to this list before burning to a disc.

Now, before I leave this post, I should mention it sounds like you are a lady of quality who wants to be legal also. Call your friend and ask where she/he got these files from. If they are from a CD you need to go buy it before you use them legally. It is highly unlikely anyone would take you to court, but the wrong questions just before you go on stage... by a friend... a heckler... or a legal-minded show host... and you could turn a nice shade of crimson from not having the answer... and probably not go on stage to perform. Now, that is the worst scenerio I can think of, but it could happen. Simply crossing your T's and dotting your I's as to being legal, will give you the total confidence that YES... I BOUGHT THESE SONGS! That is what all of us (In my humble opinion) are trying to say to you.

Karaoke can be the most awesome experience when you can go up there and strut and crow with confidence. Don't let a nagging "legal or not" question turn it into a nightmare. I'm sure I speak for all here, and we applaud your desire to do it right.

Now, throw your next punch....