View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:53 PM

CONVERT FILES TO WAVE A POSSIBILITY

Any song that is an actual wave file would be 20,000 or more kb or about 20 mb or more. Any such wave file could be burned onto a disc by microstudio using the Audio CD option in the "Custom Assembly" flap. No graphics will be present. You will notice that only wave files are available to be chosen once "Audio CD" has been selected. CDG files are almost exactly the same size, BIG, as wave files. Because of graphics, some size is added

With a wave file as one of your files, it is not possible to get a Karaoke disc with graphics from your files. Additionally, Microstudio will support wave files to get an audio disc but will not support other music files like wma, mp3 or ogg vorbis.

My first inclination is to tell you to convert all your files to wave files then Microstudio will burn them fine but only as non-graphic audio cd.

Fear not, if you do need advice on file conversions, I will give you some when the need is expressed.

My next inclination is to get some more knowledge and get Winamp going on my computer so I can see what's going on with your computer. I'm not familiar with MP3-g or KMA (the hoster condensed file) and I 'm not sure about the players involved, but feel I need a lesson. (anybody?) your problem might go there and I need to get smarter in that area.

I do know that Winamp will Bogart some of your computers filing systems and call a music file in any format a Winamp music file. So the fact that your computer says this is not necessarily helpful. Make sure you know the extensions of your files to know what they really are.

Last edited by jahern; May 8th, 2003 at 07:30 PM.