View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2004, 02:29 AM

Talking finding the perfect host...

I hear your pain. I have owned my own karaoke company for 10 years, and find myself looking for the perfect karaoke host yet again. Through the years I have had about 30 hosts. We run 8 systems and 18-20 shows a week. I have had 5 excellent hosts. The bad thing is that they all move on... 3 of the 5 best hosts I've ever found were the three I found by putting an ad in the colledge paper. (University of Utah) I asked for Drama or Music majors. All were Drama magors. I've found a few by just having those who attend the show host... This works for a while, then all of the other regulars have a problem with it... But, I've found that if you have a regular patron from one show host for you at a different location, there is no problem. I am putting an ad together to run in the local entertainmnet paper. This works, but you have to sift through several people to find one and the one you choose may not stick around when they are told that it is not their private show, and may not sing all night to the audience.
The younger the better if you choose a male. I have found that in my market, women hosts are a better choice. Out of the five that I spoke of above, three were women. Good Luck.
Corbin