View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2002, 01:54 AM

Good Point George

I do agree with you guys and enjoyed George's comments about the history. I must admit, I had considered the beginning of Karaoke in the early 80's but see now that it is indeed much older. I, just like you guys, hope and believe that karaoke will be around a very long time.

I think the future of music will inevitably be tied to the computer though. KJ's using hosting software to run the show. The computer will add more special effects and take some of the skill and hastle out of running a show.

The software manufacturers will likely end up producing most of their stuff for companies like MTU to be distributed through them via download on a subscription basis. I could be wrong about that though, considering the software that is available that allows virtually anone to make a karaoke track.

We're in a real transition stage where the music producers are making a little less money because of MP3's and the ease of download over the internet. I see the same situation for CDG's once the hosting and copying software and file formats are more stabilized and standardized.

Overall, I think it will be the musical integrity and quality will improve, while the presentation side will suffer a bit. Perhaps like reverting to a 60's type of grass roots singer songwriter movement. I predict more individual art and less corporate packaging. If that's so, it'll be a great thing, as long as you're not N'Sync or a music producer with a millon dollar house to maintain!

The bottom line for me is that music is in a great place, and KJ's are subsequently in a great place. The fat cats have cause to worry, but small, effective companies like MTU are right where they need to be. Hey, MTU, any public offerings yet? hehehe