View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:32 PM

Post Rotation

Cid_cat,

I agree with you. A lot of it has to do with the kj themselves. My groups have learned that after the first or second rotation that I try my best to work new people into the rotation. They know this and accept it because 1, it's my show, but 2 and more important, they know I'm trying my best to be fair to everyone. And we all know how long the rotations can take sometime. You have to let those new people in if you want them to become part of your regulars. The only people I have to contend with that get upset about not getting up quick enough are those that have already had too much to drink.

Just last week I had a guy want to make an announcement. His announcement started out that his table (who none were singing)was tired of hearing country. I don't sing a lot of country; mostly 50'&60's, but that crowd, that night was singing predominatly country. I took the microphone back and politely told him there were three possible remedies for his problem; 1. Find a song he wanted to hear and sing it. 2. Find someone who would sing it for him. OR 3. That we had both a front and back door and he could take his choice. To which the crowd stood and applauded. And believe it or not he came up to me afterward and apologized and admitted he had had to much to drink. Be fair, be firm, and be nice. Most of the time it works.

Kelly