View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:41 AM

Talking They are doing you a favor

Thank God for the regulars. It's these people who get us started when we go into a new club.

Yes some are bad singers, yes they sing 'ballads' and more 'ballads'. We try to lead by example and sing upbeat stuff when it's our turn. We also play a couple of current club dance tracks between rounds to change the mood and get people dancing.

We currently do 7 shows per week not counting the extra jobs we do on weekends and a good part of the crowd is usually people we consider regulars. I know some of them sip 2 cokes all night, or a bottomless cup of coffee (it's tough to spend alot of money when you go to karaoke every night, also hard to work if you get drunk every night), just remember this about bars, "people go where people are". Even a crowd who isn't spending a lot of money gives the appearance of being busy which will cause some people to stay who may have turned around and left if it was empty.

I may be dumb, but, I have loaned money to a few. Sometimes you get it back, sometimes you don't. Not because they are customers, but, because they have become friends over the several years I have known them.

Just my opinion.

Wayne