View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAYAS104 View Post
I checked and I get both a yes on read and write on both of my plextor drives.

I did a reinstall of Microstudio and tried to burn a CD-G it still doesn't work, the error says user abort error and error burning disc when it hits at 20% burn.

I removed the roxio program no change still the same errors in Microstudio
Roxio is probably involved with part of this. It's been a thorn in our support for years!

However, I am theorizing here... that a DVD doesn't take as much power to the writing laser as a CDR disc does. If not, the laser would overhead writing 4GB versus 0.8GB of "data pits" on the media.

This would explain why the write laser can burn a DVD but not a CDR. The fact that (from an earlier post) Windows Media won't burn an audio disc (takes the same power since it uses a CDR disc), tends to confirm my theory.

How much time do you want to spend? If your Windows is farkled, you'll need to reformat and reinstall. If not... BEFORE you reformat, download Microstudio 4.08 (released this past Monday) and UPGRADE or REMOVE 4.006 and then install 4.20. You can then REMOVE 4.20 and your RegCode Record in our Database is removed from this computer. You are then clear to install it on the new REFORMATTED HDD or on another computer without MTU's help.