View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:38 AM

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
How would you know? Take up a poll, or put out a suggestion box?

Also, do you guys allow people to bring in their own disks if they want?
If so, do you have an actual karaoke player with a CD-Rom drive, or maybe an external CD-Rom drive if the one in your laptop won't do CD-G and/or MP3G ?

Just trying to figure out if it's a good idea to have an actual karaoke player on hand, or if I should focus solely on being able to play the occasional disk on the laptop.

I'm going to be all digital, but I wouldn't care of someone wanted to bring their own disk as long as it is a pressed disc not a CDR in an attempt to not violate any copyrights er anything.
I have a loyal following and I have asked them. I've also had new Singer's to tell me they prefer it that way.

They prefer that if someone in the audience wants to sing, they should put their request in and do their singing on the stage like everyone else...

I actually had to bar a guy from coming to my show once. He would never put in a request, but always tried to sing louder in the audience than the singer on the stage. Not knowing the song lyrics didn't stop him. Imagine what he would have done if he could have seen the words! Talking to him did no good.

I play Singer's discs (or their USB drives) using Hoster. A copy doesn't matter "if" they own the master, but there is really no way to tell for sure...