View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Re: I Finally Downsized My Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Yeah i know what you mean billy. I love those aphex exciters. Built better then the BBE's to. They also make a nice quad four channel gate that i use in my home studio. I also use an old Furman Punch 10 bass processor in my karaoke rack. So much smoother then a crossover, this thing can go 3 octave's below signal. Easier on your sub's to, with a built in compressor and limiter, so you don't damage your speakers on those crazy nights.
i sold most of my gears, and all the sound processors, the only gears i have left are the aphex aural exciter,which i use, a DOD 2 channel ( 15 band per channel ) eq. and a DBX 266 dual gate compressor, ( collecting dust in my garage). if you go to a music store, listen to the KRK studio 6" or 8" studio monitors with a 10" subs, these monitors will beat any monitors/ or sub standard PA system thats out there, the sound is very clear, you'll hear all the inst. playing, and it's loud i use the 6" w/ the 10" sub. in my home studio,it rattles my garage door, my son told me that you can hear it a mile away, and i use the 8" w/ the 10" sub.in private house parties and in my sunday country club pool/main dining room gigs.

Last edited by billyo; April 8th, 2010 at 09:00 PM.