View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Administrator

cjhunt, we only received your January 27th email.

You now have your Serial Number for the free upgrade to Microstudio V2.103.

Brian Coor is a realist software client who has dealt with many companies customer suport. I can say this because he DOES recognize the superior nature of MTU's support. We do a very good job of support in today's market, and we do it for free.

So why did we not get you the Serial Number as fast as you demanded? During this past January, we experienced the following abnormal conditions:

1. KHPro was ripped and placed on a crack site. It took heroic efforts to get it removed.

2. We had to upgrade the security on ALL our unique products to keep them from being ripped again. That required many man-weeks of time.

3. Almost 3 out of 4 requests for Serial Numbers are bogus from those who want a free copy of what they did not buy. This forces us to review each and every one carefully.

4. Our entire staff was down with the flu, bronchitis, sinusitis and other ills during January. Like every other company with sickemployees, we got behind.

5. Our website email IP addresses were changed somehow and we did not receive our emails for over a week. Our host iServer/Vero corp - the largest hosting company in the world - still has no explanation for this.

6. Even though we use an Anti-Virus program, a worm virus penetrated our defenses and damaged 4 of our office computers. MTUSUPPORT is our technical expert. I removed him from the phones for several days so he could concentrate on solving this problem, which he did.

7. We are upgrading our internal NT server so our tele-commuting programmers can work with fewer delays. We contracted with an external consultant weeks ago to do this. We had to continue on "his schedule" or postpone for another month until he was open again. MTUSUPPORT is actively involved with this task. At February 5th, we now realize the contractor cannot fulfill the task and we are shifting directions.

8. I contracted with a company who was HIGHLY recommended by VeriSign (the Internet security experts) to install their e-Commerce software and link with VeriSign/Signio as our credit card gateway. We were to be on-line by November 24, 2000. They added a self-imposed 15% penalty if we were not operational by December 1. After waving their failure and granting them an extension, clients finally started charging credit cards on December 15th. However, the site is still not downloading our secured software products and automatically generating the Serial Numbers for approved clients. Thus we spend lots of time on each order manually generating the Serial Number, documenting the client in our database, preparing the email and making sure it goes to the right person. On January 5th, they severely damaged our site. We spent days tracking down the multiple charges that occurred with EVERY ORDER. Then, we discovered that Signio (they acknowledge but can't explain how) was erroneously crediting our bank account back to clients... one for $1,800! We immediately solved each problem, in most cases before the client knew it even happened.

9. My home ADSL Internet line went down for over 2 weeks. I do 90% of my Forum and email support from home. Bellsouth was out three times, the last on January 29th. Thus, I could not work at night.

10. MTUSUPPORT answered 300 emails one day in the last week of January. Many were problems with our Microstudio Demo because the users did not have the correct ASPI driver on their computer. We solved these problems for free. The others were free Serial Number requests like yours.

I think you get the idea we are not in "normal" times. As a result, our suport was less than our normal quality for the last several weeks.