View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
VIP

We've been in this area for 14 years (Outer Banks, coastal NC) and we are the most prolific entertainment company on the beach. We have more weekly and private shows than any other band, acoustic soloist, DJ, open mike or comedian. We've even been voted the area's "favorite night out", but still, the best we can get is $300/night (4 hours) during the summer tourist months for a weekly show.

Regularly, we get $225. But next year, our regular customers are aware we have to raise the rate to $250 in the off-season (September thru May) and so far, everyone seems willing to pay it. They've learned that they can expect professionalism and punctuality from all our hosts.

However, there's been a new little puke in town for the past two years who bought a pirated system who is only charging $100/night and he is trying to move in on us. Fortunately, he runs a terrible show, and has only been able to book himself three shows because around here, word of mouth is everything, so we've been able to maintain all our shows, but he presents a real threat to the places that are just now deciding to try Karaoke. We still buy every disk, but he doesn't have that overhead. It's little #*<@$ like him that have always prevented us from making better money.

But for private shows, we can charge $300/hour if they want me personally. I've been at the DJ/Karaoke thing since 1979, so I'm worth it !

Alan Ross

PRIMARY TEST MACHINE:
HP Compaq DC5100SFF
Windows XP Home SP3
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
2GB Ram
250G Hard Drive
Sound Device: SoundMax digital Audio