View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:56 AM

Can't test write in Microstudio2.611 using new Plextor PX-716UF

Hmm, where to start..lol.. I just bought the new External Plextor PX-716UF and the MTU Suite4 just a couple of days ago.. Installed all the software and upgraded the Firmware driver for my new Plextor (using my ebox in Plextor) After updating the firmware it changed the name of my Plextor to Plextor PX-716A ? I double checked to make sure i downloaded the right driver,I downloaded the correct one according to their listing.
I also purchased the suggested MTU media for burning on this drive.
The Problem i'm having is;
When i try to test write to CD in Microsstudio2.611 it gives me the Error:
"Start DAO recording"Command failed on device 3:0:0. Disc type not supported.
I've tried everything i could think of to try to remedy this problem.
I've read most of the threads that deal with this issue and I have tried all the suggestions posted, but to no avail.
Here is what i've tried so far,
Newest firmware upgrade from Plextor.
Tried the MTU atapi driver version 1.20
Turned down and even turned off, Sound hardware acceleration in DxDiag.
Shut down all CD/DVD burning programs that started at boot up.(sonic Record Now, Clonyxxl,Alcohol,PowerDVD, and even Roxio.)
Turned off Alcohol from starting at startup and Ejected the virtual drive.
Turned off Musicmatch from starting at boot.
Tried a Selective start up closing down most programs.
Tried a Diagnostic startup.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microstudio2.611
Tried Deleting the Plextor through Device manager and reinstalling the drive and driver.
Tried a different MTU media disc and even tried a different brand media(Verbatim CD-R).
Tried slowing the speed setting down in Microstudio.
The Burner IS recognized in Microstudio and does say yes to Karaoke and Audio.
Hmm..i think that's all i've tried... although i have not tried shooting the dang thing..hehehe
(I am attatching my DxDiag and my Computer specs to this post.)
I know my way around the PC pretty well....Even thought i knew more than a Tech support person once..LOL. But this has definitely got me puzzled.
Any Guru's out there with a magic wand?
Also, if i can't get this corrected, how do i go about returning the Writer for a refund? (gonna be a pain ,and costly,since i live in Alaska.Had to pay $50 for S&H to ship here....ouch)
aklarry