View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaza View Post
I'm using Imation cd-r disks, that I've used for years with my old Plextor and Microstudio without any problem. I have done a custom update from Microsoft and put a cleaner through my drive. I'm still trying to sort out the 'firmware' update but I don't know what it is so am searching stuff I have no idea about. I did find what I think may be on the Dell USA web site but it says I need a floppy disk to carry it out......haven't had one of those for years so may be a problem.........I'm still hunting. Oh, and when I play the original disk in Microstudio it breaks up also so can't be the media? It also breaks up when I import tracks and play them before burning???? Thanks for the advice so far, I do appreciate it......I want my old Plextor back, doh!!!!!
Don't go to Dell site, but go to Lite On website and get the latest firmware from them since they made the drive. It may just be that drive isn't getting a clean read of the discs.
You can always get a new Plextor. They do still have the 760 that I have and it works beautifully.