View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2015, 06:35 AM

Re: not enough space available on the mounted disc

Thanks for the reply.
I put 12 MP3 tracks in a folder, opened the program selected Write Disc--selected Audio. I then added the files to the program to burn, it said I had 29min and 40 sec left (as far as space left to add files)I selected burn got that error message--thought it might be a bad disk ( I was using an 80 min CDR Memorex brand disk) so then I tried the same process--shut program down, this time I used a 80 min Verbatim CDR--the same thing--I tried a few more brands of disks--same error message.
I then took one of the original disks I had tried with error msg. and went to a different set of files (Karaoke) burnt the disk --all worked Great, no issues.
I have two other PC's I tried the same process to burn an Audio CD, same results.
I then opened Windows Media player, selected the same tracks, and the Audio disk came out fine--I also used program called CDBurner XP and was able to burn an Audio disk with the same set of files. I do not burn many audio CD's I mostly do the Karaoke, and never had a problem.
I think the last time I used the program for an audio CD was over a year ago, worked fine, then after I purchased the update, have never tried an audio CD until yesterday, so yes it has me puzzeled, especially with trying the same process on 3 separte PC's. I always have Windows updates up to date, and all of the PC drivers, and run at least weekly my avg. antivirus, and malewarebytes, and Iobit Ultimate--PC tuneup/AV software.

My main PC is a HP Workstation 2 Quad Core Xeon Processors 16 GB of Memory, Windows 7X64 Pro.
Gateway Quad Core2 8GB memoryWindows 8.1X64
Asus DuoCore2 4GB memory XP PRO--this PC being XP has not been updated with windows update since they do not give updates--but the drivers are all up to date, and run the same AV programs.

So yes I am still wondering what the issue could be.
Thank You in advance
Larry