Thread: Help With 4.20
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Thanks guys for your help, i always always appreciate it. billyo, i to had the pop up telling me "Registry Change Detected". And i also just clicked the "Allow this change" box. That was my McAfee going bazerk. So that annoying thing is history. I don't want for security reasons to change my settings to allow ActiveX and Scripts, period. I did that once and my McAfee started going crazy. I was just wondering if the User Manual is on the MTU website. I would download it from there. I had no trouble what soever in opening a User Manual on any of the MTU products i've purchased before this upgrade...none of them. Dale my good friend, i know basically how Microstudio works. All i can do is compare them to the previous versions i have downloaded... This is what i meant by the "Duplicating" has slowed down. It's at a crawl. Not that i'm in a big hurry to make a backup disc. But that is what i was refering to. I always compare a new upgrade download, to what i had been using. I have nothing else to compare it to, to see if i like it or not, right? So far, i am not in love with this 4.20 upgrade. That might change. The last 3 or 4 upgrades i've done on Microstudio, you would have never known i upgraded. They ran like butter, not 1, not 1 single clinch. And that is a pat on the back for the hardworking folks at MTU. Now the disc situation. I have a new "Optiarc" from MTU. So it's not my writter. MTU certified. It's the software, does NOT like my media. I have come across this before in the "Old Days" of mtu. That was one reason they started selling their own media to begin with. I spoke with a puter geek, and there are some changes i can make on my end, to possibly, make this software a little more user friendly. This reminds me of the old days when i use to use Microstudio, and nothing would record. Hit and miss at best. On my old Windows 98, amd ME operating systems. BTW, i do all my testing with brand new CD+G's. In this case it was a new Sound Choice disc. "Forever" simply put, is a comparison between the action of this upgrade, compared to the other several i had done. That's all. 4.20, is working. Although it rejects media worse then any other upgrade i've used. I'm still tinkering...Again, thank you guys for all your help. George {The Old Guy}