Thread: Help With 4.20
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
I just did the upgrade to 4.20. I have a couple of questions. All is working fine for the most part. But why has duplicating slowed way down? It is really slooooooooow now. Takes forever to make a backup disc.
Define forever George. Duplicating will certainly take longer than just writing a disc since it has to read and save the entire disk to the hard drive before writing the new one. It is also error correcting as it is reading to try to create the cleanest copy. The time it takes depends on the condition of the disc you are duplicating.

Quote:
Also, my computer won't let me open the Users Manual? whats with that? something about windows won't let me view "Active X" or "Scripts"?? Is the User Manual on the MTU website? I just installed the upgrade right over my previous version. Should i uninstall everything, and reinstall? I'm using Windows XP.
The Manual is on your hard drive but is written in HTML (web page language) and uses Active X scripts. It has been this way for a long time so I am not sure why you are suddenly having problems with it. As stated above you need to change the settings in Internet Explorer to allow running Active X content from within the computer.

Quote:
One last thing. I've notice 4.20 is real "Blank Media Sensitive". This version doesn't like my Sony, Maxell, or Fugi media. But will record like downtown on my cheap $5.99 for 50 CD's Philips. If i had hair, i'd pull it out.
It isn't Microstudio that determines what media it will use but the drive does. My thought on this may be that the drive's laser may be weakening. The more expensive, better quality discs would have a higher quality, thicker coating on it that the cheaper ones. Thus a weakened laser would burn fine on the thinner coating and have problems getting through the thicker coating.