View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:50 AM
VIP

Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
Mike, actually I am not color blind. I do see it changing, but it's hard to see. The difference between the red not lighting up, and lighting up, is very small. Check it out for yourself. It's like the 4th or 5th step on Vogone, where it tells you to bring the volume down until the red stops turning on. I can see it mostly, but since it's only one block, it's hard to tell.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Emilio, the best response I can think of is to explain how I deal with setting the volume and trying to avoid having the gain set so high that I get distortion. Basically I select the loudest part of the track and ensure that it does not go into the red. I find it quite easy to see if it's in the red - there is a distict change in color between being in the yellow and going into the red. If you don't see that perhaps you just need to push the volume up higher until you do see it (& possibly hear the distortion).
The other method I use is not to look at all - just listen and ensure their is no distortion - however that method will not be helpful for you I don't think.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1